20 Stylish and Beautiful Examples of App Icon Design
- David Edwards
- November 26, 2013
When creating devices like the iPhone and the iPad, Apple raised the bar in terms of hardware design, and – as consumers – increased our expectations. The software they produced, too, had a strong focus on aesthetics, as a badly designed app would stand in a stark contrast compared to the refined and sleek hardware. Other companies quickly followed suit and tasteful, thoughtful and stylish design soon became a requirement for a successful app.
But well designed software also needs something well designed to represent it. A beautiful app can benefit immensely from having a beautifully designed icon that can show it off on the home screen of a phone. Much like how a logo represents a brand, the icon is more important than it looks at first as it comes to represent the app in its entirety, from the marketing materials that promote it, to the logo shown in the app store to being displayed on the device itself. If you’re creating an app for yourself or for a client, don’t forget to pay extra attention to the icon too – it’s more important than it appears at first glance.
I wanted to bring together a collection of some of my favourite app icon designs. Each of these designs are stunning, stylish and look perfectly at home on the shiniest iDevice out there. If you know of any others that you’d like to add to this list, please do share in the comments!
2. 360 Cities
4. Leica Raw Edition
7. Slot Machine
8. Direct Message for Weibo
9. Flower App Icon
10. Rocket Icon
Which of these app icons do you like best? Are there any that you’ve discovered that you’d like to share? I’d love to hear what you’ve got to say in the comments!
Featured Image Credit: Fab
- How Long Does it Take to Rank in Google?
- Should You Publish Prices on Your Website?
- 5 Awesome Testimonial Web Pages You Can Copy
- How to Build Powerful Backlinks for 2019
- 6 Reasons Why You’re Losing Website Visitors
- How to Add a Live Chat To Your Website: A Complete Tutorial
- How to Get Traffic to Your Website Fast
- How to Maximize a Tight Website Budget
- Email Marketing Strategy: The Power of the P.S.
- The Perfect Testimonial Video Formula