Five Useful Apps For Learning HTML5
- Rachel Sanders
- December 5, 2012
Let’s face it. We’re all still getting used to HTML5. There are a bazillion HTML5 reference books, but who has the time to read them? HTML5 reference websites and mobile apps can make your life easier by providing you with critical information about the new markup language when you need it. If you’re a web designer who’s still getting the hang of HTML5, check out these helpful reference apps:
This beta app does a thorough job of going over the HTML5, HTML 4.01, and XHTML elements, attributes, and characters you need to know as a web designer. It’s easy to navigate, comprehensive, and makes searching for and finding the code you need simple. It’s built for iPhones, but it works on Android devices too (with a few bugs). This app is already pretty impressive, and we can expect it to be even better once it goes out of beta.
This app is straightforward and comprehensive, like most of the things Evolonix makes. It lays out the tags, standard attributes, and event attributes you should know in a clear, precise manner. Its search feature makes locating tags and attributes simple. The examples of clean HTML5 code this app provides are especially helpful. This is definitely a solid choice for iOS users.
If you’re completely new to HTML5, there are few better apps than this one. It uses flashcards, quizzes, and examples to teach you how to get the most out of HTML5. Additionally, it lets you bookmark things you want to reference later and search for specific topics. Learn HTML5 works on all the major mobile devices, and it’s a gem.
Don’t let HTML5 get you down. Check out the apps listed above and keep on creating mesmerizing designs!
Rachel Sanders is a freelance writer and designer who creates content for various education, design, and business websites. When Rachel isn’t writing informative articles and designing websites, she likes to read, research education trends, and discuss typography. Please leave comments and questions for Rachel below. She appreciates your feedback!
- 4 Steps to Creating a Winning Web Strategy
- Is Your Website Working Against Your Marketing? 5 Tips to Fix It
- 5 Interactions to Gauge the Effectiveness of Your Content Marketing Campaign
- How to Know Which Mobile Messaging Channel to Use in Any Situation
- Infographic: 2017 Web Design & UX Trends to Boost Conversions
- How the Mannequin Challenge Can Help Your Marketing This Holiday Season
- How Your Local Business Can Benefit From the Pokemon Go Craze
- Infographic: 5 Ways Your Website is Losing You Customers (and 5 Easy Fixes)
- Video: 5 Questions Your Web Designer Should Be Asking You (and why it matters)
- 4 Ways to Get Website Traffic Through Facebook