Web Design Trends Going into 2016
- By: Wes McDowell
- Oct 11th, 2015
With 2015 almost turning to 2016, the gang takes a look at some of the more popular, innovative and controversial web design trends going on right now, as well as what 2016 web design trends will look like.
As with all trend shows, we want to reiterate that just because a trend exists, doesn’t mean you have to or should be using them. Some trends work great for a very specific type of site, not so well for others. Having said that, Wes seems to be using all of them for his website refresh that is currently under way.
Trend setter or slave to the trends? Only time will tell!
- DesignCast shirt store! We will be adding new designs periodically, so keep checking back
- Minimalist example: thrivesolo.com
- Split-screen example: Peugeot site
- “Out of the box” example: numero10.ch
- Out of the box, yet commercially viable example: fan.tv
- Shutterstock: Promo code DEEP1015 for 20% off any image subscription!
- Lynda.com – Visit lynda.com/deepend to start your lynda.com 10 day free trial!
Featured image courtesy of eightandfour