DesignCast 80: Any Questions??
- By: Wes McDowell
- Feb 25th, 2015
80 episodes have really flown by, and we celebrate this milestone with another listener question show! This time around, we answer all types of design-related questions sent in by you, our loyal listeners, via email, audio and twitter. So listen closely, we might have answered yours!
Topics we tackle include:
- What were the catalysts that made us want to go out on our own? (as opposed to working for another company)
- Are there any tax incentives for doing pro-bono design work?
- How do you make sure the WordPress sites you design for clients are safe from hackers?
- What are the negative implications for a less-than-ideal business name?
- Are free Adobe competitor programs “good enough” to use?
- When hiring a subcontractor through Elance or Odesk, do you eventually move away from that environment and pay them directly?
- Do you ever doubt your design work is good enough when handing off a clomp to a client?