Moonlighting by Design
- By: Wes McDowell
- Aug 26th, 2015
The life of a designer is a widely varied one. Some of us 9-5 it, some freelance, some do both, with going full-time freelance as the goal. But in this episode, our guest David Lesué shows us that doing both in the long-term can be its own reward.
David has a full-time job as a creative director, and is able to feed his creativity with his after-hours passion gig, Stately Type. We talk all about what goes into his time management, staying inspired, and his rules for moonlighting successfully.
Since Stately Type happens to be a social media based apparel business, we also talk a lot about the specifics of t-shirt design, and how his “tribe” votes on what he ends up designing.
- DesignCast shirt store! We will be adding new designs periodically, so keep checking back
- Stately Type
- Follow Stately Type on instagram
- Tribes – Book by Seth Godin
- Shutterstock: Promo code DEEP815 for 20% off any image subscription!
- Lynda.com – Visit lynda.com/deepend to start your lynda.com 10 day free trial!