There’s a New Graphic Design Podcast in Town
- Wes McDowell
- January 16, 2012
Over the past few years, I have gotten to know a handful of good, solid, informative and entertaining podcasts dedicated to issues of today’s graphic designer. I anticipated the days when a new episode would come out, because I genuinely enjoyed listening to people I respected talking about design. Then for one reason or another, the shows that I had come to love slowly started falling off the radar. Months would sometimes go by between episodes before they just stopped completely. It sucked, but I understood. There’s really no money in podcasting, and they probably just got busy.
But it inspired me to pick up the slack and start a podcast of my own. I contacted several designer friends that I have known over the years, as well as some new friends. Two amazing designers (Brandon Voss & Mikelle Morrison) stepped up to the plate to help me out with this undertaking, and are now my co-hosts on the newly launched “The Deeply Graphic DesignCast.” I think the three of us have a great chemistry together, and between us we have a lot of practical advice to offer based on lots of personal and professional experience.
We are currently in the “New & Noteworthy” top 3 in the design category on iTunes, and are getting very good reviews so far. So far it has been an incredibly rewarding experience, and most importantly, we aren’t going anywhere for a while. So feel free to get to know us, subscribe on iTunes, and please write a short review or give us a star rating if you enjoy the show.
Also, we answer a listener question on each episode, so send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org/~thedeeq2 and if we pick yours, we will be sure to notify you so that you can listen to our answer.
- Infographic: 2016 Web Design Trends to Boost Conversions
- 5 Defense Strategies Against High Bounce Rates
- Infographic: Is it Ever Ok to Use the Desktop Hamburger Icon?
- Spring has sprung: simple images that invoke spring into your designs
- 10 Web motion design trends to make your site stand out
- Infographic: 7 divine considerations for improving page load speed
- Surprising the Snobs- Big Names that use WordPress
- How to create a professional looking political candidate palm card in under 10 minutes
- 10 Beautiful Landing Page Designs
- Breaking Bad Photoshop habits: follow these steps every time you design to be as efficient and organized as possible.